PASCPA ELECTION RULES
- Election: Active and Lifetime members in good standing as of May 20 of the current fiscal year shall elect the
Members of the Board of Directors.
Active Members. Members with Filipino descent or heritage and holds a CPA license in the Philippines or any
Lifetime Members. Active members who have paid a one-time lifetime member application fee of $500 and
are exempt from payment of annual membership dues but enjoy the right and privileges of an Active member.
Member in Good Standing. Member who remained current on annual membership dues, currently $50 per
Associate /Student Members. Associate and Student members for at least 1 full year who are now CPA’s are
welcome to pay the Active member dues on or before May 20, 2017 to be in good standing. These Active
members can participate in the current year election and eligible to become Members of the Board of
- Date of Election: Election shall be held during the annual membership meeting on the 1st Saturday of May or
at a later date but no later than the 3rd Saturday of June of the current year
- Quorum: At any members’ meeting, the presence of at least 10% of the membership in good standing but not
less than 15 members constitute a quorum.
- Voting: Voting must be in person. No proxy vote is allowed. Election shall be by secret ballot
- Nomination of Candidates for Members of the Board of Directors: Nomination shall begin at least 2 weeks
before the election. The consent of the potential Candidate must be obtained before nomination.
Nominations from the floor during the election will be accepted. All Candidates must be present during the
election and all will be given one (1) minute to present their qualifications and plan.
- Eligibility of Members of the Board of Directors: There are 15 Members of the Board of Directors. Only Active
and Lifetime members in good standing for at least 1 full year can become the Members of the Board of
- Term of Office: Directors shall serve a 2-year term beginning July 1. Directors maybe re-elected; however, no
Director shall hold office for more than 3 consecutive terms. See Amendment to By-laws approved on
October 21, 2006.